NJAC 5:23 - 2.17A (c)
1. Minor work shall mean and include the construction or total replacement of any porch or stoop which does not provide structural support for any roof or portion of a building; the construction or alteration of any rooms within an existing one or two-family dwelling, provided that no structural members are altered in any way; the removal and replacement of more that twenty-five percent (25%) of the exterior siding of a one or two-family dwelling;
2. Minor work shall also mean and include the replacement of any existing plumbing piping work with new and approved material of like capacity; the installation of drinking fountains and condensate drains in existing structures; the replacement of existing low-pressure hot water heaters with new ones of like capacity; and the new installation of lavatories, water closets, tubs, showers, washers or diswashers, and garbage disposers in existing space of one and two-family dwellings where the new installation of additional fixtures can be accommodated with no increase in the size of the water distribution system, water service or house drain;
3. Minor work shall also mean and include new electrical work incidental to the installation of air conditioning, equipment, clothes dryers, and ranges or ovens in one and two-family dwellings; the installation of five (5) or less 110 or 220 volt receptacles or fixtures where existing circuits and/or available space circuits and service are adequate to support the load; the replacement of existing wiring with new wiring of the same capacity provided that the new wiring shall be of a type approved for the use by the code;
4. Minor work shall also mean and include the installation of any fire detection or suppression device in any one or two-family dwelling; installation of a radon mitigation system in an existing detached one or two-family dwelling; the installation of a burglar alarm or security system in any structure and the installation of a low voltage communication system in any structure other than a one or two-family dwelling;
5. Minor work shall not include lead abatement;
6. Minor work on elevator devices shall also mean and include work as outlined below and not involving any structural alteration to a building and as scoped within the applicable sections of Part XII of ASME A17.1 referenced in the building sub-code.