The remnants of Hurricane Ida have caused unprecedented flooding throughout the township. Residents are advised to place all bulk items from flooded basements such as furniture, carpet, and other unserviceable wares out at the curb for bulk pickup at this time. These damaged household items will be picked up, but may sit curbside beyond the normal schedule. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated during the severe circumstances caused by this storm.
Please make every effort to conform to the below guidelines:
• Place discarded items at the curb and please be patient for the collections to occur.
• It may take more than one collection to remove what is being discarded.
• Do not make large piles. This will make it more difficult to collect.
• Cut and roll carpeting in 4ft. lengths.
• Bag discarded items that will fit weighing no more than 50 pounds each.
• Remove food from refrigerators and freezers and also remove the appliance doors.
• Drain all water from water heaters.
• Contact your homeowners insurance company for assistance with clean out and disposal.