Hello…this is a message from Mayor Robert Parisi
The Township remains under a State of Emergency.
This afternoon, The State of New Jersey issued the latest Executive Order to address the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Beginning this evening, only Essential Services and Essential businesses will continue to operate. All non-essential retails stores, or businesses, that cannot operate remotely from home locations, will be closed.
Essential businesses are defined as:
• Grocery stores, farmer’s markets and farms that sell directly to customers, and other food stores, including retailers that offer a varied assortment of foods comparable to what exists at a grocery store;
• Pharmacies and medical marijuana dispensaries;
• Medical supply stores;
• Gas stations;
• Convenience stores;
• Ancillary stores within healthcare facilities;
• Hardware and home improvement stores;
• Banks and other financial institutions;
• Laundromats and dry-cleaning services;
• Stores that principally sell supplies for children under five years;
• Pet stores;
• Liquor stores;
• Car dealerships, but only for auto maintenance and repair, and auto mechanics;
• Printing and office supply shops;
• Mail and delivery stores.
With this new order, the Township is closing Town Hall and many employees will begin working remotely. All residents requiring services provided by Town employees, and specifically from Town Hall, should call ahead as all phone calls will be forwarded to appropriate personnel.
This will not impact services to our Senior Citizen community. The Township will continue to:
- Assist the senior community with resources,
- Provide access to emergency food supply, and
- Support those with limited ability to secure needed groceries or other supplies by connecting them with volunteers
All residents counting on these services should call 973-325-4105. This number will be monitored 7 days a week.
The Commuter Jitney will remain open at this time to accommodate those residents that may work in areas considered essential services and the Town will continue to operate this service but riders should monitor for additional updates.
Garbage/Recycling services will remain unchanged.
All residents are encouraged to listen to OFFICIAL news sources for updates.
For the most recent updates, residents are encouraged to check out the Township website at www.westorange.org, the Township Facebook page or the local public access channel at channel 36 on Comcast, or channel 45 on FIOS.
The Township will continue to do all we can, under these difficult circumstances, to keep all residents informed and safe. And the Township thanks, Healthcare workers, Grocers & Food delivery services, Pharmacists, Police officers, Firefighters, Public transit workers, childcare workers, all those working under these unique and stressful conditions…
And we thank all residents for your patience and cooperation.
This is another extraordinary step in the process of addressing these concerns. We recognize the inconvenience…but remind you to stay home.